ATV RIDING RULES
- No riding NORTH of Pole 2.
- Stay away from the fence line. Most accidents occur from straying too close to the fences.
- The speed limit is 15 mph from back of camp sites to the water.
- Helmets with chin straps must be worn at all times. This is a state law.
- No riding double on the ATVs. This is a state law.
- Do not tow other bikes or have them tow you. Your contract can be pulled and no refund given for lost time.
- In case of a breakdown or an accident, send someone back to Pole 2 or tell a Ranger. There is also an emergency phone between Pole 4 and Pole 5. Don’t leave a disabled ATV at any time.
- Time lost due to mechanical failure will be credited to the disabled vehicle only.
- No credit for early returns.
- No refunds if it starts to rain.
- No alcohol or drugs consumed before or during riding.
- Only riders who have signed the release can ride the ATVs. No sharing. Riders caught sharing will forfeit remaining time.
- ATVs rented for over 2 hours must return the Pole 2 for refueling every 2 hours.
- Watch out for drifts and sandbowls. Drop-offs can be as much as 80’. Stop at the top of the dune and look before continuing on the other side.
- Watch out for other riders and vehicles.
- Ride at your own skill level. Don’t push your limit. Riding unlawfully or breaking the rules can lead to accidents.
- Anyone not following the rules, caught speeding or riding without a helmet will be escorted back to Pole 2 and the remainder of your riding time forfeited.
- You must be 18 or older to sign your own contract. Anyone under 18 must have an adult over 18 sign the contract and ride along with you at all times.
- Someone in the group should have a cellphone for emergency or breakdown purposes.
POSSIBLE EXTRA CHARGES
- No riding in the water or wet sand. Stay at least 20’ from the wet shining sand. You can be charged up to $50 per bike (Cleaning fee)
- Bikes are to be returned on time. For every 15 minutes over, you can be charged up to 1 hour LATE FEE.
- Damage caused to ATV’s due to rider error or showmanship will be charged at the necessary repair cost.
- If you get stuck in the sand, this is not a mechanical error, you will have to dig yourself out. If you want a rescue, you will be charged $25.00
- Broken flags will cost you $5.00
- If you return from riding with no flag, that will cost you $10.00
- BJ's ATV Rentals does not give refunds for any reason. We will give riding vouchers for a return visit if deemed fit.
Orientation Video Oceano Dunes
#1 RENTAL COMPANY SINCE 1982!
PISMO BEACH ATV RENTALS | GROVER BEACH ATV RENTALS | OCEANO DUNES ATV RENTALS
BJ's ATV Rentals is located at:
197 West Grand Ave
Grover Beach, CA 93433-1936
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Saturday - Sunday
Pacific Daylight Time